[Ti] [OT] appleworks database to ms office?

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Aug 18 03:54:41 PDT 2003

söndagen den 17 augusti 2003 kl 02.11 skrev T Molnar:

> I created a simple database in appleworks, because there is no
> database in office for mac.
----------
Not quit true. You can make a similar database within Excel even if not
as intuatively as with AppleWorks.

> Is there a way to translate the appleworks database to office database
> for use on a windows platform?
----------
The best you can do is to start Excel on your Mac and in the Data menu
choose Get External Data (or something like that. I have a Swedish
version :-) ) In the alternative you'll choose "Text import" and find
your AW database in the Open Dialog Window.

Excel will feel that your database is suitably divided and you will get
each post on a new line and each field in a new cell. After that you
can add an additional line on top and enter the field name if you like.

This Excelfile is now easily transferable directly to Windows and there
possible to import to FileMaker Pro or you can make it to a FM Pro file
before forwarding to Windows.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in
Gothenburg) <http://217.215.44.209> temp direct link