[Ti] DiskWarrior - crash every time [OT]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Aug 18 12:07:00 PDT 2003

ursus at mac.com typed this message on 8/18/03 11:07 AM:

>> Has anyone here gotten DiskWarrior 3 to work with their Powerbooks?
>
>> I can't seem to get any help from Alsoft, so any help I could get here would
>> certainly be appreciated.
>
> Works great with both of mine. Sounds like to me that your Disk Warrior CD
> is defective and some of the code is corrupt.. Ask them for a new one or
> borrow one and see if that fixes it. Good luck.

I found the answer to the problem. Alsoft "recommends" that you run
DiskWarrior 3 from the base level of the Utilities folder inside the
Applications folder. The thing is, as I found out, you MUST run it from
there. If you try and run it from a folder inside the Utilities folder as I
did, you hit the wall with the kextload crash problem.

jg