Unable to run my HD Cinema Display while 17" PB is closed.

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Mon Aug 18 17:27:38 PDT 2003

Unable to run my HD Cinema Display while 17" PB is closed.

I try both booting from off with dvi plugged into my HD Cinema Display,
I try closing the display on the 17" PB while it is running and then
trying to wake the machine.

When I boot fresh it does start up the right resolution but once it gets
to the login it shuts the HD display off and the PB stays there not
asleep, but waiting to be opened to log into it.

Has anyone run their 17" PB with the HD Cinema Display as the only
display? Hell I would be fine with leaving the 17" PB open if it didn't
force itself as the primary display containing the dock and the menus.

- Rock