Importing analog video into Ti Book

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Sat Aug 23 09:39:40 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Would anyone care to recommend a device to connect an analog NTSC source to my Ti 867? I
don't care if it is usb or firewire as long as I can use it as a video source from iMovie.

My 4-yr old is a teletubbie addict and he wears out his tapes too quickly, and it is too hard to be
copying tapes all the time. I want to turn these into VCD and burn two copies of each, one for
his use and one as a master. Once he scratches or breaks the VCD I can go and duplicate the
master instead of having to remaster. And CDRs are much cheaper than blank VHS tapes (plus
he wears out the VCR too).

As for price range, it has to be cheaper than the cheapest miniDV camera that has analog
inputs. I made the mistake of buying a miniDV camera that did not have these inputs and
eventually I sold it to a friend that just wanted it for family movies.

Thanks,

Pedro Vera
http://pedrovera.com