[Ti] Importing analog video into Ti Book

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 23 16:10:13 PDT 2003

At 11:39 AM -0500 23/8/03, Pedro Vera wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Would anyone care to recommend a device to connect an analog NTSC
>source to my Ti 867? I
>don't care if it is usb or firewire as long as I can use it as a
>video source from iMovie.
>
>My 4-yr old is a teletubbie addict and he wears out his tapes too
>quickly, and it is too hard to be
>copying tapes all the time. I want to turn these into VCD and burn
>two copies of each, one for
>his use and one as a master. Once he scratches or breaks the VCD I
>can go and duplicate the
>master instead of having to remaster. And CDRs are much cheaper than
>blank VHS tapes (plus
>he wears out the VCR too).
>
>As for price range, it has to be cheaper than the cheapest miniDV
>camera that has analog
>inputs. I made the mistake of buying a miniDV camera that did not
>have these inputs and
>eventually I sold it to a friend that just wanted it for family movies.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pedro Vera
>http://pedrovera.com
>---------------------

Do you have a friend with a digital video camera that has analog In
and FireWire Out?

If so you can play the tape in the VCR out to the video camera and
from there into iMovie.

--
Regards,
Mark (}-;

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more
important than any other one thing."   --Abraham Lincoln