[Ti] Battery Life

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Mon Aug 25 11:18:42 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 02:23  AM, Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> At 19:25 -0400 8/24/03, Chris Malanga wrote:
>> Hi all... Have a TiBook 550 Mhz... About 18 months old.  Wondering
>> what the
>> battery life should be. ...//... I get about an hour.
>
> With Li-Ion batteries, the end-of-life is signalled by shorter and
> shorter operational times on full charge.
>
> After about 2y, I had to replace the battery on my Ti-500, as I was
> getting less and less time on a charged battery; in the end, only
> about 15 or 30 minutes....
>
> The fully-charged battery now gives me between 2h45 and 4 h, depending
> on the software running, and how I set the Energy Saver.

FWIW, I have a 667 DVI and the battery started at 3.25-3.5 hours on a
full charge.  It's been nearly a year, and I generally get 1.25-1.5
hours now.  Of course, in the year, I added an Airport card (which I
use almost exclusively for a connection), 512MB more of RAM, doubled
the hard drive from 30GB to 60GB, and now I use a Bluetooth dongle a
lot, so these could all contribute to the battery life.

--Justin