Range of connection

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 11:52:14 PDT 2003

I am going to be visiting my parents for 3 days soon and they have a
very slow dialup connection.
I of course need to bring my Ti (with the Airport card) and keep up
with my work while there.

I am wondering what the range of connection is with a wireless Netgear
router, that is running on my brother's cable connection just a stone's
throw away in front of his family room picture window?

The two homes are mirror images of each other, family room windows
facing, separated by a driveway, but I am not sure the actual footage
that the Airport card can reach his router.

Is it possible for me to do this or am I dreaming? :-)