[Ti] Range of connection

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Aug 25 20:11:19 PDT 2003

>>>Unfortunately, the Ti is notorious for its poor range; however, if
>>>the netgear has decent range, it is possible.
>

>When you say the Ti has poor range, do you mean with the older
>Airport card in it or with anything in it? Would it improve the
>range to buy the newer Extreme card?

two things:

Earlier Ti's had a problem with the seating of the card, which was
corrected by removing the battery and pressing the sides of the case.

However, the TiBooks have also had far less range than iBooks and
other Apple models; this has been discussed on several lists, but I
do not recall a solution... other than a hack to provide an external
antenna.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com