Kernel Panics with PCMCIA memory card readers

Lee Wilmeth lw at wilmeth.net
Wed Aug 27 14:33:55 PDT 2003

Folks,

Previously we had discussed problems with the 17 inch powerbooks,
10.2.6, and kernel panics when inserting PCMCIA memory card
adapter/readers. Long story short, after a reinstall of 10.2.6 from
scratch, I have determined that it's not the Mac OS. With only Apple
applications installed, the PCMCIA card memory adapters/readers work
fine. But, after installing Microsoft Office v.X, I'm back to kernel
panics. Has anyone else been able to solve this problem?

  Also, another semi-weird event is the spin up of all my attached
firewire drives before IE 5.2.2 will even show me a window that isn't
grayed out. Any ideas why?

Lee

Lee Wilmeth, Computer Consultant
1104 Cypress CT