[Ti] Best wireless router solution

Phill Tran my_junk at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 27 16:04:37 PDT 2003

Yeah. I have a netgear wireless router (model MR814). It seems to work
fine.  It runs 8011.b.  The only wireless device i have hooked up to it
is my 667 DVI Ti-book with an old apple airport card.   I have two
PeeCees (Win 2000 Advanced Server and my brother-in-Law is still
running win 98 on his) hardwired and an old original imac connected to
it. Everything connects fine. The wireless connection is fast enough to
play music with iTunes off of the server but too slow to update my iPod
quickly.  I like Netgear. i wish i could afford the airport X but it's
way too much for me.  The netgear is the best looking router i've found
next to  the airport base station.

I haven't fully tested it yet, but I think web browsing is slower when
i'm using a wireless connection. The "internet connect" dialog says i
have a 75% connection but i think the 25% interference is enough to
slow me down.  But it does work throughout the house fine.

.phill