[Ti] File sharing past router?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Aug 28 09:03:54 PDT 2003

>LOL.   None of my stuff is of interest to others. I am not in charge
>of an e-commerce site. It is interesting to see how important we
>sometimes think our data is and how interested we think others will
>find it. You will find far more valuable information by digging
>through the trash at most businesses.
>
>Does everyone who uses SSH also shred their trash before putting it
>out for the trash pick up?

The difference is that only dogs and raccoons will spread your trash
about your yard for no apparent reason... and it is only a light
bending over to resolve the issue.  There are thousands of "kiddie
hackers" who would delight in hacking into your machine and
destroying your data not because of what it is, but because it is
there.   It is modern day outhouse tipping. We use SSH because we are
not willing to risk our systems to that sort of mischief, more than
we believe are data is important to others.

Besides, in the post 9/11 world it doesn't take a hacker to get
access to your personal information, it only takes someone to suggest
you are a terrorist. The Patriot Act removed our right to privacy.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com