Mail.app icon

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Aug 29 01:32:18 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 05:33  pm, cbirds wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how Robin got the mouse in the upper right
> hand corner of her mail app message? Is that something to do with the
> V-card?

It's a special X-header (extra headers that anyone can attach to an
email for lots of different purposes) and many email applications know
to interpret that one as a small picture.

it's  called an x-face.

If you choose "show all headers" you might even see it.

The problem is mail.app doesn't really have good support for sending
all these headers, but you can "hack" it I hear so that it does. Try
reading: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020904062730654

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue