[Ti] [OT] what to say to Windows users:

Tarik tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Aug 29 08:49:41 PDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 04:23  pm, b wrote:

>> 1) It's what everyone else uses and/or  they don't want to risk any
>> incompatibility ( for example did you know that the VBA scripting
>> language is not truly cross platform as MS claims)
>
> I didn't know that.

It's surprising but true. I remember finding a site somewhere on the
internet  (around two years ago) about how to make Mac compatible VBA
macros but I lost it. Sadly MS don't have the answers here -- the Excel
practitioners do.

> I'm working my way through an Excel 800-pager these days, and was
> under the impression that scrips generated in VBA would be compatible.
> Although, to be honest, I don't care, personally, as I do all of my
> serious work on the Mac.

I do all my excel work on the PC. Would be interesting to try doing on
the Mac and see if it works the other way around, but as my Excel
clients work on PCs I've never tried it.

I've been doing VBA work in Excel for around 4 years, and I was
surprised that you have to "throw away the book" so early on (after
about 6 months) . There were no really great books when I last looked
-- J Walkenbach's was about as good as they get.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com