[Ti] [OT] what to say to Windows users:

Daniel T Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Sun Aug 31 10:07:56 PDT 2003

In 1984, after the Mac was introduced,
I well remember attending an IBM presentation,
and asking about dates beyond 1999, since the IBM demo showed
two year digits, and getting a non-answer.

In 1984 the Y2K problem was obvious to people concerned with future
dates--
we deal with trademark registrations which in 1984 lasted 20 years.

Early Mac dates were not limited to two digits,
early Helix database could handle thousands of years.
Early Macs were quite an innovation--
user-friendly, GUI, dates past Y2K at the system level,
designed for international localization, built-in aids for
disabled.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.keganlaw.com