Where are a user's mail files saved?

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Sun Aug 31 12:46:02 PDT 2003

The file structure on my TiPBG4-800/10.2.4 got horribly FUBARed (fsck
terminates quickly with "hash table full (64)", so I've extracted the
available user data to another system using ProSoft's Data Rescue X and I'm
ready to re-initalize my disk.

(Apple's hardware diagnostics CD showed no issues after multiple passes and
the problem occurred while the 40GB disk was almost full, so I think the
root cause was not the PB hardware.)

Question: when I restore the files, I'd like to restore the previous mailbox
structure and stored messages.  Where are these stored and how do I
re-associate them with my (newly recreated) user account?

TIA,

Jim