[Ti] TechTool Pro 4. What a let down!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 20:01:41 PST 2003

Robert Nicholson typed this message on 12/1/03 10:46 PM:

> Do you have a newer Powerbook? Perhaps it's the same problem that
> Alsoft Diskwarrior 3.0 has with the newer Powerbooks.
>
> On Dec 1, 2003, at 9:12 PM, John Griffin wrote:
>
>> I just got TechTool Pro 4 and the first thing I tried to do was boot
>> from
>> the CD. Guess what! It won't boot on my Powerbook! After a
>> ridiculously long
>> wait and I get this piece of cr*p landing on my desk.

Nope. Mine is an original Titanium 1 Ghz DVI Powerbook. However, I just read
a little disclaimer from Micromat which said that when starting from the CD
you should be patient because it is going to take longer then normal.

So I guess I should have waited an hour rather than a half hour listening to
the CD grinding itself to pieces (that's what it sounds like). Geez! And I
thought DiskWarrior was slow booting.

jg