[Ti] How do I remove OS9 from Panther?

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Wed Dec 3 18:47:08 PST 2003

> From: Chris Olson <chris at astcomm.net>
> On Dec 3, 2003, at 3:49 PM, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>>
>> onsdagen den 3 december 2003 kl 19.20 skrev Loren Schooley:
>>
>>> Reinstall Panther, zero out the hard drive during the first part of
>>> the setup (you will experience HUGE speed improvements).
>> ----------------
>> What do you mean by "zero out the hard drive". Some alternative way of
>> saying "format"? Could you please explain one step further.
>
> I've found this to be an old wives tale.

No, I said "zeroing" speeds it up IMMENSELY, not "erasing" OS9. You can
re-add OS9, but zero first. Perhaps you should give up the old wife's tale
and get ya some young tale to get you back up to speed ;-)

Actually, OS9 DOES slow things down, because of all the time it takes to
explain why ya still use it. :-)

>I've installed Panther on
> perhaps 20-30 machines now for various clients and people, some with OS
> 9, some without.  There's no technical or practical reason, nor any
> indication in my real world experience, that removing OS 9 from the
> system speeds things up.

Agreed.