[Ti] More Panther/Powerbook strangeness...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 14:20:09 PST 2003

John Griffin typed this message on 12/6/03 5:16 PM:

> I have my Powerbook running with the top down and with an Apple Studio
> Display and external mouse and keyboard.
>
> Here is the thing: I have found in Panther that most windows can be dragged
> off my desktop to the left side of my monitor. However, the really strange
> thing is that my monitor preferences do not recognize that there is a
> monitor there for the windows to be dragged into. Another strange thing is
> that the cursor can not go off the desktop to the left, only the windows!
>
> Any ideas on that one?

OK, this is even more weird...

I just discovered that all windows can be dragged off to the left, right and
bottom of the display, but not the top.

What it looks like is that my system sees a massive 42" plasma monitor
sitting on my desktop, not the puny 17" one that is really there!

jg