[Ti] Extra Storage

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Sun Dec 7 06:32:36 PST 2003

On 12/7/03 7:41 AM, "David DelMonte" <ddelmonte at mac.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a high-capacity portable storage device. I was
> thinking along the lines of a LaCie Pocket Drive.

How do you intend to use this drive? If you are looking for a drive to
travel with the Pocket Drive is a good choice; but if you mostly need a
drive for conveniently backing up data there are less expensive choices. I
have a 40 gig Pocket Drive at work that contains a cloned drive for my lab
and it performs that job quite well.

Note: traveling with a hard drive, even the fairly small and light Pocket
Drive, can be a pain. But once you begin using it, traveling without it can
be just as painful. In the long run you might be better off getting your
internal drive replaced with a larger one.

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com