[Ti] PCMCIA Bluetooth cards?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Dec 10 07:27:13 PST 2003

>>I would prefer a card which does not stick out of the slot at all.
>--
>
>I second that motion.  I'd love to add bluetooth but the idea of a USB dongle makes me cringe.

Not sticking out of the slot restricts the signal's ability to get proper range. Do note that on desktop machines where there is plenty of space inside, Apple must still use an exterior antennae. <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86411> My guess is that they too would prefer to have nothing sticking out. But then, I imagine some will opt to not want to have that ugly antennae coming out the back of their towers but I do wonder what their success will be.

Function before form.

--
Robert Ameeti

Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.