[Ti] hp 940c printing problem

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:00:58 PST 2003

2003-12-08 kl. 15.08 skrev bofus?:

>  it's the driver that installed w/a clean install of panther. (hp
> plug-in v2.3.1, hp print selector + hp inkjet toolbox v6.2.4)
----------
Test to download the full package of the drive for HP 940c from HP:s
sight after you have removed absolutely everything HP in your present
setting. I don't know why HP:s drivers for AllinOne-printers are so
stupid that they can't replace whats need to be replaced when you
install a newer drive. If you use the uninstall function it still
leaves stuff it can't uninstall so you will have to remove stuff
manually.

I have had to do this action for a couple of customers before we could
get the printers working correctly in OS 10.2.8. They haven't upgraded
to 10.3 yet though.

My own HP AIO G55 is working reasonably well with the driver 4.7.5
from OS 10.2.6 so I'm reluctant to "upset the cart" with installing the
new suggested 4.7.6 considering the usual hasard with the uninstall
necessary.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)