[Ti] must be root to alter routing table

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 07:14:24 PST 2003

--On Sunday, December 14, 2003 11:29 PM -0800 Paul Russell <prussell at sonic.net> wrote:

> I'm not exactly an expert on this, but if you try:
>
> % sudo route get default
>
> you should be able to see if your change took effect.

You can also issue a netstat -r command, (which doesn't require root). It will show your entire route table including gateway.

This function is also available in GUI version in the Network Utility, though it displays in a proportianal spaced font and I haven't found how to change the font to monospace to make it easier to read.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com