[Ti] must be root to alter routing table

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 11:28:22 PST 2003

--On Monday, December 15, 2003 11:26 AM -0500 Greg Markle <MarkleG at kleerdex.com> wrote:

> You need to be logged in as root to use the command as typed.  You need to type the command "sudo route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" which will then prompt you for your root password and execute the command as if you were logged in as the root user.

If using the terminal, I usually find it easier to enter:

    sudo -s

You will then be prompted for your admin password.

This sets up a root shell, i.e. every command typed will be as if entered by root. Then you don't have to keep remembering to enter "sudo" in front of each command.

To exit the root shell hit <ctrl> D

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com