[Ti] Battery Update refuses to update!

Renaud Dreyer rdreyer at math.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 18 18:53:40 PST 2003

Le jeudi, 18 déc 2003, à 18:48 US/Pacific, John Griffin a écrit :

> I downloaded the Battery Update thinking that my Battery woes would be
> over.
> But when I launch it, it says that my Powerbook does not need updating
> and
> quits.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it for all Titanium Powerbooks
> (including my 1 Ghz pre-aluminium Powerbook with L3 Cache).

No, only for the machines in the following list:

iBook (Dual USB)
iBook (Late 2001)
iBook (Opaque 16 VRAM)
iBook (32 VRAM)
iBook G4 (12-inch)
PowerBook G4 (12-inch)
PowerBook G4 (12-inch DVI)
PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW 800)
PowerBook G4 (17-inch)
PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.33GHz)

After installing the battery update and Mac OS 10.3.2 on my 1.25GHz
Albook, I now get 4.5 hours of battery life with all possible energy
savings settings (processor, HD, no audio, bluetooth or airport, screen
brightness at one)... which is, incredibly enough, what Apple actually
advertises for the machine. Ciao,

          Renaud