[Ti] Power Cord Configuration

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri Dec 19 09:40:15 PST 2003

On 12/19/03 6:31, "Dave Karle" wrote:

> Does anyone know the configuration of the connector on the power cord
> from the power supply/charger?
>
> Appears to be a mini stereo connector with an outer shell.
>
> Anyone know the pin-out and voltages?

    Maybe this will help?

    I just rebuilt mine. Their are two wires coming into the plug, a grey
(+24) and black (GRND). They go into the little PC board which connects to
the actual plug.

    I don't know what the potential three connections are. With the
circuitry in their it is not clear. I'm thinking it might need a load to
measure, and their is not an easy enough way to get the probes in without
the chance of short circuiting.

    When mine just broke, I just reconnected the wires. Are you looking to
make a replacement?

    (This reminds me to go finish the job as now I just have a couple of
bare wires twisted together at the plug. But then I operated the first
computer I built in '79 with the circuit boards in cardboard boxes for a
year, so I'm used to live wires and computers.)

--
Roger