10.3.2 Printing Woes continue

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 14:18:06 PST 2003

I was hoping that the newest update would address the issue of Duplex
printing. Nope! My almost brand new printer was bought with a Duplex unit
for a reason and it worked just fine in Jaguar. But in Panther it is an
expensive paper weight.

My printer is a Canon i960 and otherwise it prints beautifully. But when I
try and print a multi-page document with long-side binding, it comes out
short-side binding every time. In Jaguar the settings worked as they were
intended. In Panther, the settings are ignored.

I guess I will have to go back to Jaguar. Sigh! (Backup the User Folder,
format the drive, install Jaguar and all the updates, reinstall the
Applications, etc. What fun it is owning a Mac!)

jg