[Ti] Help with multiple outgoing servers in mail

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sat Dec 20 21:58:26 PST 2003

On 20.12.2003 23:16, "John" <simplymail at ururk.com> wrote:

> We just got cable internet (wohoo!). Fast and wireless (PB G4 550Mhz,
> 10.3.1).
>
> However, our provider blocks all but it's own ISP from sending mail,
> "forcing" me to use their smtp server.
>
> This isn't a big deal, as I can easily select a different server when a
> piece of mail fails to send. It is annoying, however.
>
> Is there some script, hack, or way to have mail.app - based on my
> network setting - to change which smtp servers to use? Can I create two
> sets of preferences, and swap them when I am at school/work, and then
> when I am at home?
>
> Because when I am at school/work, I doubt I can send my mail though my
> ISP's server.

Use SMTP Location X to change your settings on all your mail accts.  I use
it all the time.  I keep a flat in the States and one in Geneva, CH and all
I have to do is, once I set up the settings for the app, I go to the Apple
script menu icon in the menu bar, choose SMTP Location X and then the
location for the SMTP I am at, and it changes all my email accts to the
proper SMTP setting for the provider at that location.  I also use it on the
road for work in various countries I may be in and use the outgoing mail
servers frequently.  It also will change your time zones, mail settings,
etc....Now it is known as Location X

Ciao
FRED