[Ti] 10.3.2 update

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Dec 23 13:13:53 PST 2003

>Steve Sobek typed this message on 03/12/23 10:57:
>
>> Someone yell if I'm wrong, but isn't the prebinding update being done
>> when the update installer says: "optimizing"? Repair permissions, of
>> course, but it's my understanding that the prebinding is already done
>> any time you install an update -- and Panther actually updates
>> prebinding on the fly as you use it, as well.
>
>Uh well, if that is the case it sure did a lousy job when I updated to
>10.3.2. The list of permissions that were incorrect and needed to be
>corrected went into the hundreds!
>
>jg

It seems that you may have missed the point, but what is being said is that prebinding is being done for you but it is still the user's responsibility to do the Repair permissions.
--
Robert Ameeti

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

- Lewis Grizzzard