[Ti] more on Word v.X under Panther on a G4 Powerbook

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Dec 24 14:56:35 PST 2003

>I have up to date Virex running on my Powerbook, and it has never detected any virus activity.
>I will run it overnight and see whether there is anything.
>
>I will report back when I have more data.

Your computer does not have a virus in the truest of senses but one of the Word documents that you may have received from a PC user probably did. That Word macro virus is trying to run a VB script when you open a document. On the Mac, this fails and the 'could not fire event' occurs. The event is a VB script. These don't work on the Mac. They are designed to attach themselves to the Normal template so as to then be able to be a part of every new document that you create. Merely trash the Normal template, and it will automatically recreate itself fresh and clean.
--
Robert Ameeti

Women first want to find out what is in your wallet, and second what is in your pants.