[Ti] Dead Ti :-(

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Sat Feb 1 22:09:32 PST 2003

>same thing happened to my Ti-500 and it was the saucer shaped power
>supply. The Apple Store near me had a power supply at the Genius Bar
>that they let me test my Ti with before I purchased a new power
>supply... a quick test if you have one nearby.
>--

I had something similar, but it wasn't the hockey puck itself - the
power lead to the hockey puck went intermittent - I think they are
pretty poor quality - you could see the break in the wire inside the
cable and if you flexed it then it would arc and if you held it in
just the right position you could make it work. The local Apple
dealer stung me for $25 for a new lead (ouch !).

Paul