[Ti] Dead Ti :-(

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Feb 3 06:53:06 PST 2003

söndagen den 2 februari 2003 kl 11.12 skrev Jeffrey K. Lew:
> Holding the Ti's reset button in for more than a few seconds is one of
> the ways to fry the logic board, per Apple. You're supposed to push
> and release the button, then wait for 5 seconds, then attempt to
> restart.
This may or may not be true, but if it has any evil effects on any part
of the Ti I would say that it must be with the newer versions which
have the reset button under the keyboard.

This assumption because I will remember that we had quite a few mail on
this list where the the Ti wouldn't start and that the solution was
that the reset button had got stuck being pushed in at the back and all
it took was to get it out again and restart. None of these Tis seem to
have had any remaining problems afterwards
Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat 030131
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)