[Ti] PC-card and Power Mate for new Ti

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Feb 3 07:36:16 PST 2003

Joe, (thanks Lisbeth)

A PC Card in your Ti will not help you run windows. Several years back Apple
built machines with a different "PC Card" that fit into a PCI slot and
enabled access to a functioning 'mini' Intel based motherboard. This allowed
quick switching between the two environments. I used to have one, they were
"interesting".

The PC Card you use in you Ti is designed for additonal communication and
functionality to your Apple computer. I think ALL laptops made PC or Mac
have a PC card slot.

The PowerMate is a great addition to your Ti. All depends on what purpose
you have for it.. I use it for volume control of iTunes/System, scrolling
web pages (it is smoother and easier to control than a scroll wheel mouse),
checking mail and sorting through messages quickly.. Plus some other
shortcuts for programs I use.

Hope that helps.

> måndagen den 3 februari 2003 kl 04.21 skrev joe capone:

> Hey , Ti people Im
> very new to the MacWorld and just got my ti on the day the new ones came out
> 11-6 !!!  I have some buying questions ,first, with all the work I do with
> windows and running Virtual PC and Mac office would a PC card help the
> computer perform?  Second , does anyone think buying the power mate is a good
> idea for the Ti  and who would you buy it  from??? HELP The switcher

Bill Reburn