[Ti] ergonomica

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Tue Feb 4 12:41:35 PST 2003

On 2/4/03 12:19 PM, "Kevin Hoth" <khoth at arches.uga.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am considering trading in my desktop for a lovely TiBook. I have had
> some issues with neck, back, & wrist stain in the past (even with
> desktops since I spend so much time on the machine) and was wondering
> how many out there have had any issues having to look down at the
> powerbook screen all the time.

Yes, I had problems originally. An iCurve stand from Griffin fixed that. I
work with my Ti plugged into a 17"ASD CRT so constantly looking up and down
between two screens was really difficult. The stand not only improved
visibility, usability and functionality. It also helps considerably with
cooling - which many Ti owners are quite vocal about.

> having your arms tight in on a smaller
> keyboard,

Another bad one for me, $70 black Apple Pro Keyboard fixes that. Plus you
can't type on the Ti while on an iCurve so the keyboard was a must. I do not
understand what took me long to consider these inexpensive but Uber-valuable
upgrades. You'll also need a mouse.

> (I work on the computer about 8 hours a day and am 6'2". And I'm a
> virgo...hee hee).

Ditto! sorry you're a Virgo though, haha. I'm not.

All that said, it kind of looks like I wasted my money on a Ti.. I still
greatly appreciate the portability.. But while at the office - it's comfort
all the way.

Goodluck with your choices.

Bill Reburn