[Ti] ergonomica

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Feb 5 06:04:51 PST 2003

On 2/4/03 4:49 PM, "Robert Ameeti" <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:

>> And after an occupational therapist warned me of the dangers of using a
>> laptop for many hours (due to the lowered screen),
>
> I wonder where she gets her information? Perhaps from all the ads and maybe
> even a bit of 'everyone knows'.

I am sorry Robert, but coming from someone who has had to deal with these
issues - that's a really ignorant thing to suggest. (Care to pull out your
physiotherapists degree?)

She gets her information from people like me, not trying to sell anything
actually.. Usually paying through the nose when my medical plan doesn't
cover a treatment or painkillers. Do you also believe that Ergonomically
designed keyboards are a waste too? Do you think that a computer keyboard is
some ingeniously designed tool that is capable of fitting every single
person on the planet's needs?

I am really confused how you could say something like that, oh wait.. Maybe
I am just "imagining" the pain in my wrists and elbows and shoulders??

>> Anyone spending many hours daily at their Ti is well advised to ensure that
>> the screen is up at eye level and that they sit in a chair with proper
>> support.
>
> Are you sure? Have you read the medical investigative studies? The ones not
> funded by the manufacturers with product to sell?

Yes, with the problems I have had - I have read too many.
Are YOU sure?

Bill Reburn