[Ti] ergonomica

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Wed Feb 5 07:07:57 PST 2003

Robert Ameeti wrote on 2/4/03 4:35 PM:

> Take a look at the research instead of the advertisements and what your friend
> uses.
> http://www.healthandsafety.co.uk/monitor.htm
> http://www.combo.com/ergo/vangle.htm
> http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/ACNS_Pubs/Vector/JanFeb99/ergo.html
> http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pers/training/office_ergonomics.htm
> http://gsfc-aphrodite.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/ergo.htm

Thanks for the info Robert.

I'm not sure which makes sense, but I do know that my neck feels more
comfortable using my laptop then it does with my desktop - even with my 23
inch cinema display. Maybe you have a point.

I did have some neck and back problems previously, and the physical
therapist suggested raising my book to a higher level when reading, and
using a music stand to hold it - conventional wisdom. Not sure if he was
right, as I never took his advice.

Conventional wisdom isn't always right - but neither is it always wrong. New
concepts equally aren't always right either. For me, I think I'll do some
experimenting - one week the conventional way, and one week the Ameeti way,
and see what happens.

As to desks with holes in them. I've seen them in stores, and police
dispatchers sometimes have them. I don't think they are as non-existent as
some may think.

George
--
George Reis
Imaging Forensics

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.