[Ti] Photoshop on Ti800 Mhz Powerbook

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Feb 5 16:03:49 PST 2003

>I use primarily OS 10.2.3, and I am working on a 100 MB graphic file
>right now,
>and when I hide one of the layers in the picture, the whole picture
>goes white, and then comes back with the layer hidden.

Have you loaded the newest (released last week) Altivec plug in
update? This seems to greatly improved some of the performance issues
with PS. However, as some have posted in regard to the new iMovie,
PS7 is really a v1.x relative to OSX. PS has always relied on a
proprietary VM configuration (you had to disable Apples VM prior to
OSX).  If the white page issue does not occur when you initially open
the file, but happens later, it is more likely that you are running
into a memory issue; PS history is stored in RAM or VM, and if you
are working with 100mb files, 512mb RAM is really not enough.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com