[Ti] Type of Power Adapters in 12"?

Niels Meersschaert nmeersschaert at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 06:10:54 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 08:40  AM, Wilson Ng wrote:

> For those of you fortunate blokes that have already received their 12"
> Powerbooks, I have a question.
>
> Do the 12" PB G4s use the same style of power adapter as the
> Titaniums? I'd
> love to use my existing auto adapter and I have a couple of spare power
> adapters that I'd like to use. Otherwise, I'd probably have to get a
> new
> auto adapter for the 12". Thanks.
>
> :-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

It is the same type of connector.  Actual name on it is the 65W power
adaptor.  I am replacing a 500mhz G4, so I had the original frisbee
adaptors.  They do work with the 12".  I think the primary thing for
you to check with the auto adaptor is the power output.  So long as it
puts out the same 65W, you should be fine.  If it's less, it may still
work, but you'll be underpowering the laptop, so it may end up having
to use the battery to supplement or even shutting down, depending on
how the power manager handles low power situations.