[Ti] how to get rid of Dock

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Thu Feb 6 12:07:17 PST 2003

>  The only benefit I see to keeping the Dock (as if we had a choice)
>is its ability to hold minimized windows.

Minimized windows are a kludge if you ask me. I use windowshade to
get them out of the way briefly, and I use CodeTek VirtualDesktop
(which I can not praise high enough; I would have bought it at 3 or 4
times the $20 it costs) so I keep all my windows open all the time,
and still not be bothered by them when I don't want them.

>I am sorry to hear that bouncing icons are still visible.  My
>Internet Explorer icon continually bounces for no reason at all,
>often when it has no active window. open

Yes, well. That's what you get for using MicroSoft.

>I presume TinkerTool has proven to be stable and well-behaved for
>you, so I'll give it a try.

Very stable. No problems that I noticed in many months.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)