[Ti] Weird noise

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Feb 8 10:01:24 PST 2003

On  Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:14:18 -0500 Christopher Owens <cwosigns at mac.com>
wrote:

> Hey guys...got a quick question for you.
>
> This morning I woke up and heard my Ti making a repeated clicking
> noise.  The screen saver was activated (password protected) but the
> cursor was a spinning beachball.

I have had this happen a few times. Each time I found that I had left the
Modem plugged in and had neglected to turn off the Modem setting that wakes
the Powerbook up when the phone rings. You can find the checkbox in the
System Preferences, Network panel with the Modem selected and the modem tab
clicked.

jg