[Ti] suggestion

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 8 14:49:21 PST 2003

What can "closely enough related" mean in this context?  They use the
same software, very similar hardware, and are used for -- one assumes
-- the same purposes.  Powerbook would probably be a safer name change
than the irresistibly cute meBook, so that when, two years from now,
Apple comes along with a lucite, or a wooden, or a synthetic crystal
powerbook with a G5 chip, the name will still fit the discussion list,
but who cares?  The list will stand or fall on the quality of its
content [present message excepted, of course] and if the content is
compelling, it could be called the meatball list or the shredded tofu
list and we'd all be here -- along a few puzzled cooks wondering where
the recipes are and what all this stuff about computers is doing in
their mailboxes.

Stephen