not so great 12" review at osnews

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Mon Feb 10 06:02:58 PST 2003

I'm not in the market for a 12" Powerbook so this doesn't really matter much
to me, but what does concern me is this comment:

"For those who didn't know, Apple is using two different models on their LCD
products, one great quality (older powerbooks, Cinema Displays) and one
crappy/cheap one (imac, ibooks, 12" powerbook and the new 20" Cinema Display
(that's why it is so cheap and it even competes price-wise with the PC LCD
monitors in the range)). The new 12" Powerbook comes with the cheap one. "

That casual comment about the 20" Cinema Display has me a bit worried, as
one is being ordered for me at the office soon.

Can someone point to something other than an opinion (which is what I'm
hoping this is) that demonstrates the 20" Cinema Display isn't a lower
quality LCD?