[Ti] Web site management with TiBook

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Mon Feb 10 10:36:09 PST 2003

Dreamweaver is far and away the best web site management tool.  Adobe
GoLive is good, but not ready for prime time.  The added bonus is that
Dreamweaver (and GoLive, too) allows and supports the use of open source
web site development tools -- PHP, MySQL, xml, etc.

On the other hand, MS FrontPage is a joke.  To get the same abilities
availabile via open source, FrontPage requires proprietary code be
installed on the server for all the "special" features in FrontPage to
work.  The problem with that is Microsoft's legendary (and criminal?)
lack of security.  By that I mean, an otherwise secure server suddenly
turns into a security sieve as soon as you install any of the FrontPage
enhancements.  Trust me, I've been burned once ...that's all it took to
switch.

Ron Woodland