[Ti] external display problem

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Feb 10 20:30:29 PST 2003

On 2/10/03 7:40 PM, "Holly Sisson" <hsisson at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I¹m trying to attach an external display to my G4. It was working and I
> disconnected it to rearrange my desk and now I can¹t get my G4 to
> detect it.

Holly,

When you unplug your monitor from your Ti, the OS "drops" the connection
through the external output. When you plug your monitor back in hit the
"Detect Displays" Keystroke on your Ti - I believe it is Command - F2.
Should spring right back on.

Apologies if you already know this.. You say you can't get it to "Detect" I
don't know what that means exactly - I don't think the detection part is
ever automatic. My CRT Apple Studio Display hooks up perfectly, screws in
fine - but I don't need to do it for the display to work either.

Hope that helps

Bill Reburn