[Ti] Ti needed a jumpstart?

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Tue Feb 11 06:24:07 PST 2003

On 2/11/03 12:46 AM, "Lisbeth Zachs" <zachs at swedenmail.com> wrote:

> tisdagen den 11 februari 2003 kl 08.44 skrev cbirds:
>
>> I am still not sure what was wrong, if anything, with my 500 mhz
>> TiBook.
>>
>> The shop claims that the powersupply that came with that model does NOT
>> light up at the place where it plugs in. I have never seen one that
>> didn't so I wonder about this. The tech also said he thought it was the
>> wrong one, but it is what came with it.
> I thought the lighted power supply came with the 550 Mhz or later
> Tibook, so I tend to agree with your tech that you seem to have got a
> newer supply than your computer should have had from the beginning.

You're right Lisbeth,

When I purchased mine - it was packaged with an older Yo-Yo style plug!
(oops). I almost had to argue with the store that the adapter was advertised
as being updated for the 550/667 model line. They finally figured it out and
got me a new "brick" with the lighted connector from Apple.

The 400/500mhz Ti came with the Yo Yo adapter (with a slightly different
voltage), not the brick.

All Ti's from the 550/667 on had the brick (lighted connector/battery
indicator)

Bill Reburn