[Ti] Pre-purchase advice?

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 13:40:24 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/11/2003 1:44:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, terry at dragonberry.com writes:

> I'm about to buy a 17" PowerBook G4 and was wondering if there is any pre-purchase advice....>>
   You lucky devil, you!
   Max out your ram!!  You give Jaguar more ram  and it will be even more incredible than you had dreamed! And buy the best ram -- no cheap stuff!  And you might as well buy it now (I predict if worldwide instabilities continue (ie we start a war)  ram prices will either be driven up   or, even worse, ram may be hard to get for awhile.)
    Next...buy AppleCare for your new computer.  Just do it.  It's a portable...parts are expensive...buy AppleCare now (and enjoy the added luxury of phone support it brings!)
    And  start considering what type of carrying case/sleeve/briefcase you want to tote your new baby in. (This is the hardest decision.)
    Enjoy your new computer!
                Paula