[Ti] Applecare Enrollment?

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 08:13:26 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 10:58  AM, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> ok to my knowledge --
>
> Applecare is a product which can be "Activated" against a particular
> serial numbered Apple hardware product.
>
> If you have the Applecare booklet with the "Activation number" inside
> it, I would call Apple and attempt to register it against your new
> machine. Should work unless Apple automatically cancelled the Apple
> care activation code when you cancelled the order on your previous Ti.

Also, prices for AppleCare vary according to which model you buy - it's
more expensive for a PowerBook (moves around a lot) than for an iMac
(generally sits in one place). I would assume the serial number
corresponds to a particular model, or at the least portable vs. desktop.

Best bet: Call Apple and ask.