iDVD question

Dave davemor at gte.net
Wed Feb 12 08:29:56 PST 2003

I've only had my TiBook 800 w/Combo drive for 6-7 months so this might have
been covered to death before, however I haven't been able to find the info
in web searches. I read somewhere that there used to be a workaround to the
fact that I can't burn a DVD to an external FW DVD burner (LaCie w/Pioneer
A03 drive) and that Apple made this patch "go away". Was this originally
some kind of software application, bios update or "hack"? I wanted to start
using iDVD to burn stuff but I don't have to resources to trash my Combo
drive and buy a Superdrive....especially when I already own the LaCie.

Dave

p.s. please forgive me if this question appears twice....I'm still a little
bit of a newbie