TiBook/Jaguar diagnostic and repair utilities

John R. Boettiger boettiger at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 12 09:18:42 PST 2003

I know Jaguar includes robust diagnostic and repair utilities better than
pre-OSX systems. But in anticipation of the arrival of my 17-inch TiBook, I
find myself wondering about the utility of other programs. Neither Symantec
(Norton Utilities) nor Micromat (Drive 10 and TechTool Pro) nor Alsoft
(DiskWarrior) appear to be ready for Jaguar yet, perhaps because they depend
on booting from their disk. Micromat says they'll have a new Drive 10 in
about a month, and TechTool 4 by April. Micromat, a year or so ago, was
doing a better job than Symantec, but I don't know if that's still so. Any
ideas?

John