[Ti] iDVD question

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 13:35:35 PST 2003

On  Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:29:56 -0500 Dave <davemor at gte.net> wrote:

> I read somewhere that there used to be a workaround to the
> fact that I can't burn a DVD to an external FW DVD burner (LaCie w/Pioneer
> A03 drive) and that Apple made this patch "go away". Was this originally
> some kind of software application, bios update or "hack"?

Pssst! Don't tell anybody but I've heard it from a little birdy that there
is a patch somewhere out there floating around that lets you use iDVD with
3rd party drives. It was originally written by OWC to be used with their
DVD-R drives. Apple came down hard on OWC and forced them the cease and
desist! But as we all know, things like that don't just disappear - they
just keep floating around...

Of course it would be immoral, unethical and generally bad for your health
to use such a thing. And if you download it, lightening may strike and fry
both you and your computer. But...

jg