[Ti] Tiny TinBook: First Impressions

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Feb 12 13:39:04 PST 2003

>On  Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:46:38 -0800 Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:
>
>> I've seen this more than once. Why is it that people are referring to the new
>PowerBooks as a 'TinBook'? As far I can remember, Tin and Aluminum are two
>different metals.
>
>Tin is easier to say than Aluminium.

I get that Tin is easier to say than Aluminum.

But as we've accepted that a Ti or TiBook is acceptable for a Titanium PowerBook, it still escapes me why some have chosen to change the metal to Tin which is in no way similar to Aluminum, rather than call it an Al or AlBook. Especially as Tin is often thought of as an inferior metal.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net